Decorate a cake Multi-Task Be Hysterical Paint a gentle watercolour of a vagina Get Arrested by the Femme Police Embroider a Tapestry Have a Backstreet Abortion Be a Fashion Model Be a stereotype Test your Feminine Qualities Have your nipples cast in chocolate Visit the Womyn’s ‘Safe Space’ and worship the Sacred Goddess Cunt Do some low paid factory work Get wasted at the Hen Party Duck away from the Yummy Mummys Put your lipstick traces everywhere Model naked with your sisters Show us what’s in your handbag Hoover Have a boob job Smell Mummys Perfume Breastfeed Give birth Arrange Flowers Clean Toilets Have a bedbath Have a Facinator made Buy some Jam from the Womens Institute Enjoy Musicals Watch your weight But most of all …Go shopping.
The last ever Gay Shame is an indoor po-mo-homo playground full of interactive art and alternative ideas. It is a creative rebellion against the banalities of the mainstream Gay Pride festival and a satire on the commercialisation of our community.
After last year’s comic condemnation of masculinity comes this summer’s celebration of femininity.
Calling all butches of both genders: stop being hard and let down your guard.
So dress up, enter the entertainment emporium,
collect your currency of green shield stamps
and spend them in our glamorous ersatz department store.
1. Paris Is Burning / Ladyhawke
2. Chick Habit / April March
3. We Don’t Play Guitars / Chicks On Speed
4. The Dominatrix Sleeps Tonite! / The Dominatrix
5. Past Present & Future / The Shangri-La’s
6. Typical Girls / The Slits
7. It’s In His Kiss / Linda Lewis
8. Burn It Up / Beatmasters featuring PP Arnold
9. Sugar Me / Lynsey De Paul
10. Mind Your Own Business / Delta 5
11. Movie Star / Roisin Murphy
12. Oxygene / Jean Michel Jarre
13. Pretend We’re Dead / L7
14. I’m Sorry / Brenda Lee
Clips include: Jane Fonda, Rape, Sandra Berhard, Black Beauty, Housework Tips, Corrie, Look Around You, The Hairdresser, Rock Follies, The Flirts, Lily Allen, To Be The Best, Sex Change Operation, Good Taste Tip for Dating, Sally James Saturday Scene, H.I.H. Regina Fong.